By: Narges Taghavi, Feature Editor
Although, the heat might not be gone the truth of the matter is that summer is coming to an end, so that means it is time to put up those flip-flops and slip on your fall footwear. Like clothes and accessories, with each new season come new shoe trends dying to be rocked.
5. Fur-Trimmed Ankle Boots: In the fall boots are always a must, but the newest style of boots making headlines in fashion are fur-trimmed ankle boots. This style of boot has been seen on the runway and in Vogue Magazine. Fur-trimmed ankle boots are comfortable and can dress up any outfit.
4. Animal Prints: From leopard to cheetah patterns, animal printed shoes are becoming a major trend this fall. With a pair of zebra covered flats or some tiger striped stilettos, an outfit can be completely redesigned.
3. Studs: Studded shoes combine biker style with feminine chic. This scheme of footwear can be found in stilettos, flats, wedges, and even sneakers. Although these types of shoes can be hard to work into a campus wardrobe, they will add an edge to your attire.
2. Lace: The ultimate girlish fabric, lace, is most commonly used in articles of clothing, but has now been seen on handbags, belts, and shoes. Christian Louboutin and Stella McCartney are just some of the designers jumping on the lace shoe trend, which is sure to be one of the hottest fashions this fall season.
1. Mary Jane: The “Mary Jane” shoe, also called the schoolgirl shoe, is making a comeback this season. As many vintage trends in fashion do, these have once again found their place on the runway and in people’s closets. Mary Jane’s are most likely the “it” shoe for autumn 2012.